In this article, we’ll find out the practical reasons why you should promote your manufacturing business using Local SEO techniques.
It’s an understatement to say that competition is tough in today’s world of business, particularly for manufacturing companies. Everywhere in the world, manufacturers are trying to get ahead of the others and make their own mark.
It’s just like a high-stakes poker game, where everyone is trying to have the winning hand. To get that winning hand, your manufacturing business needs to focus on your online marketing game plan. Just like how a soccer team needs great strategies to win matches, your company needs a well-thought-out marketing plan to capture people’s attention on the web and differentiate yourself from other manufacturers.
One formidable player in this digital game plan is Local SEO (or Local Search Engine Optimization). You can consider Local SEO as the star player of your team, kind of like Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo in the soccer world. Local SEO helps businesses connect with potential customers in their local area—that means targeting people who are most likely to actually need manufactured goods or manufacturing services.
By using Local SEO, your manufacturing business can greatly increase your online visibility. In short, you can ensure that your website will appear at the top results when someone searches Google, Bing, or any other search engine to find manufactured products or manufacturing services that you offer. For example, through Local SEO, if you manufacture smartphone cases, and then someone searches for keywords like ‘phone case manufacturer near me’, ‘phone case supplier in my area’, and other related keywords, your company can be the first result (or at least one of the top results) to show up in their search engine results page (SERP). The higher your ranking in SERPs, the better for your business because most people open only the top or one of the top results and ignore the others.
In this article, we’ll delve into the strategy of using Local SEO for manufacturing companies. We’ll explore its importance in your online marketing strategy, and it will be like learning the secret tactics of star players. But we’re not stopping there – we will also provide tips that you can use to improve your online presence, just like improving your team’s performance on the field. If you want to up your manufacturing company’s Local SEO game, consider this article your quick guide. Let’s start.
Table of Contents
How Local SEO Benefits Manufacturers
Doing Local SEO is similar to putting up a big, neon sign that screams, “We’re here!” on the World Wide Web. It’s about fine-tuning your online presence so that people who are searching for certain products or services in your area (or whichever area you’re catering to) can easily find your company.
Achieving this requires tweaking the content both on your site as well as those in other online sites or platforms. Performing a wide range of Local SEO tactics will help your manufacturing company’s website rank higher in SERPs when a user searches for keywords that are related to your business and your location (or targeted location).
A whopping 93% of present-day consumers rely on their mobile device (e.g., smartphone, laptop) to search for businesses in their local area. Local SEO is like a digital compass that directs them to what they’re looking for and gives them the nearest available options. Although online shopping has long been accepted worldwide, practically everyone still seems to prefer to be able to see and touch the things that they’re purchasing. Many would love to test out products or feel them in their hands before taking out their hard-earned cash.
Through Local SEO, you make it easier for customers in your area to find your manufacturing business, which, ultimately, can bring you more leads and sales.
Four Key Advantages of Local SEO For Manufacturing Companies
Local SEO is an integral part of modern digital marketing strategies for manufacturers because it can help your business:
- Increase the amount of traffic to your website: People who find your manufacturing business online are more likely to visit your physical store if it’s in a nearby location. In fact, 1 in every 2 people will visit your store within a day of doing a local search and finding your business.
- Generate more—as well as better-qualified—leads: Online users who find your manufacturing company through local search are well-targeted because they are actively looking for products and services that are relevant to your business. This means that user intent is high, and conversion is very likely to follow as well.
- Close more sales: In relation to the previous point, 4 in every 5 local searches convert to actual sales (on average). This is an incredible number that’s truly worth your investment in Local SEO.
- Enhance your online visibility with zero to minimal costs: Finally, local buyers who are pleased with the product or service that you provided them have a higher chance of raving about your business in their own network. This can further improve your online visibility and lead to more sales—and at no additional cost to your business!
The Three Fundamental Elements of Local SEO
Doing Local SEO centers around three major elements:
- Proximity: This refers to how close your manufacturing company is to the user who performed the online search. Naturally, the closer, the better. People are more likely to take action (e.g., visit your store) if they are located within just a few minutes from your brick-and-mortar shop. However, even if they choose to purchase through your online store, it’s in the nature of people to trust businesses that are nearby compared to those that are farther away.
- Relevance: This refers to how well your manufactured products or manufacturing services match or satisfy the user’s needs. It goes without saying that the closer your website fulfills users’ needs, the better it is for both them and your business. This is why targeting is very important.
- Prominence: This refers to the reputation of your company, products, and services as seen through mentions on social media, online reviews and testimonials, and other related factors. Modern-day consumers put a lot of trust in social proof. The more positive reviews they read about your manufacturing company online, the more likely you’ll be able to gain their trust, and then their business.
To effectively optimize your website for Local SEO, you need to take a good look at those three major elements and make sure that your website is customized for your intended audience.
Drum up Business For Your Manufacturing Firm Through Local SEO
Are you convinced by the power of Local SEO in promoting your manufacturing business? If so, there are a lot of local search engine optimization tactics that you can do to help users find you in their local search results.
Seeing those tactics may be overwhelming. If you need professional SEO services, Zero Company can come to your rescue. We have over 20 years of experience in providing expert digital marketing and Local SEO services to help your manufacturing business find the local customers you want.
Book a free consultation with our Local SEO specialists today!