In this article, we will discuss the benefits of using professional SEO services in your ETF marketing to maximize ROI and grow assets under management (AUM).
Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) have become a popular investment choice for both people and institutions.
However, due to the growing popularity of ETFs, competition among ETF providers has become fierce. For your investment management firm to stay ahead of the game, you’ll need to invest in SEO or engage an agency that can provide the right professional SEO services along with knowledge of your industry. (Knowledge of the investment management landscape and industry is critical for faster results. Just imagine the pain of having to explain to an agency the need for compliance reviews or the difference between certain asset types. Painful!)
Let’s dive in. Next, we’ll talk about the importance of ETF marketing, SEO, and investing in professional SEO services for your ETF marketing campaign.
Table of Contents
The Challenges of ETF Marketing
We know that marketing ETFs to potential investors can be quite challenging, particularly at this post-pandemic period and with the looming threat of a recession. ETF marketing requires creating awareness and generating interest in your ETF products using various marketing channels with the goal of attracting qualified investors and increasing your revenues in the form of your ETF’s AUM.
As previously discussed, ETF marketing has become much more challenging due to the highly competitive nature of this industry. There are now so many ETF providers vying for the attention of a limited number of investors, which makes it difficult for your investment management company to stand out. This is even more difficult if you’re a new or lesser-known ETF provider.
Here’s where digital marketing (particularly SEO) comes in.
The Value of Digital Marketing For ETFs
Digital marketing can be extremely effective in increasing your firm’s total assets. With online marketing, your investment management firm can attract the right investors to grow your AUM.
In addition, effective online marketing can help your investment firm differentiate itself from your competitors and establish your name as a leader in the financial services market.
Through online marketing of your ETFs, you can build trust and credibility with your potential investors and strengthen those in your existing clients. One of the most effective ways for your investment company to achieve this is by providing informative and engaging content to potential investors. By doing so, you’re able to provide them with value upfront, while also demonstrating your expertise and commitment to your investors.
Effective Online Marketing Strategies For ETFs
There are a number of strategies that ETF providers can use to promote their ETFs on the web. Some of the best ones include:
- Content marketing: This refers to producing informative and engaging content like blog posts, infographics, white papers, etc. to attract and educate potential and existing investors alike
- Social media marketing: Virtually everyone with Internet access also has a social media account. Many investors are quite active on sites like Facebook, Reddit, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and your investment management firm can take advantage of this by being active on those platforms as well. In addition, social signals influence SEO, particularly your organic ranking. Some relevant social signals that you should pay attention to are Facebook shares, Twitter tweets and retweets, mentions on community sites such as Reddit and Quora, and so on. Having strong social signals demonstrate good domain authority and prove your URL’s value. When a lot of users like and share your page, it tells search engines that your page is authentic and has valuable content, which helps it rank higher in SERPs.
- Email marketing: This strategy involves sending out targeted emails to potential investors in your database in order to keep them informed about your investment products such as ETFs. You can also send updates on the performance and other relevant historical data of your ETFs to guide their investment decisions.
- Online ads: Placing digital ads on websites and digital publications can also increase your investment company’s visibility and attract more potential investors. Online ads called pay-per-click (or PPC) ads are particularly cost-effective because they charge your investment firm only for ads that users click on.
While all of those strategies can be effective, they are usually not enough on their own. If you want your financial services company to truly stand out in the crowded investment market, you need to consider investing in SEO.
What Makes SEO Important for ETF Marketing?
SEO (short for search engine optimization) refers to the totality of processes involved in optimizing a website to make it rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), such as those in Google and Bing. The goal of SEO is usually to increase organic traffic to a website by increasing its visibility and accessibility to online users.
SEO is very useful in ETF marketing because it allows financial services companies to increase their reach and attract more potential investors. By optimizing your investment company’s website and content for keywords that are relevant to your target market, you can increase your chances of being at the top of SERPs whenever potential investors search for information related to ETFs.
In addition, SEO can help your investment company establish its name as a credible and trustworthy source of financial information. By providing informative and engaging content that’s optimized for search engines, you can demonstrate your expertise in this field and your commitment to growing the portfolio of your investors.
Benefits of Professional SEO Services for ETF Marketing
- Keyword research: Identifying keywords and phrases relevant to your investment firm; in short, words that potential investors are searching for.
- On-page optimization: This involves optimizing the content of your website, meta tags, meta descriptions, and other on-page elements in order to make your content rank higher in search engines and, as a result, be seen by more of your target audience.
- Off-page optimization: This refers to the use of high-quality backlinks to your website to boost your authority and credibility.
- Content marketing: Last but not least, content marketing refers to the production and distribution of useful content that’s optimized for search engines. However, more importantly, SEO content should be—first and foremost—written with the user (rather than search engines) in mind.
Elements of Effective SEO Services For ETF Marketing
While you can do SEO in-house, there are certain benefits to investing in professional SEO services for ETF marketing. Three major advantages are:
- Expertise and experience: SEO—just like digital marketing—is a constantly evolving field. Professional SEO service providers have spent years building their knowledge on this niche and can leverage their years of experience in helping different businesses to develop and implement SEO strategies that will contribute to increasing the revenues of your investment company.
- Improved ROI: Getting professional SEO services can help your investment company generate more leads and attract more potential investors, which ultimately lead to a higher ROI.
- Better use of resources: Lastly, outsourcing SEO to an experienced SEO provider like Zero Company enables your investment management firm to focus on other important aspects of your business, while leaving the tedious task of doing SEO to real experts in this field.
By using a combination of these tactics, a professional SEO service provider or your in-house team can help your investment management company attract more potential investors for your ETF offerings.
Final Words on Why Professional SEO Services are Key to Successful ETF Marketing
Investing in professional SEO services can be very helpful to investment management companies that offer ETFs. Using professional SEO services, your financial services company can make your ETFs known by a large number of users, attract more qualified investors, and establish your name as a trustworthy investment firm.
If your investment management company needs professional SEO services, Zero Company can be the perfect partner. We have more than 21 years of experience in helping companies with their digital marketing, including providing professional SEO services for ETF marketing.
Book a free consultation with our SEO experts today!